Home Press Releases 2022 Water Quality Report Confirms Water Provided By Mesa Water Meets Or Surpasses All State And Federal Drinking Water Standards 2022 Water Quality Report Confirms Water Provided By Mesa Water Meets Or Surpasses All State And Federal Drinking Water Standards Posted: Friday, June 17, 2022 COSTA MESA, Calif.; June 22, 2022 – Mesa Water District’s (Mesa Water®) 2022 Water Quality Report (Report) is now available and confirms that the District’s high quality, local groundwater supplies meet all stringent state and federal drinking water regulations. “Mesa Water conducts more than 30,000 water quality tests each year to ensure our water meets rigorous drinking water standards. Our community can be confident that our high-quality water is safe,” says Marice H. DePasquale, Mesa Water Board President. “It is a privilege to provide our service area with 100% local, reliable clean, safe water – the only Orange County water agency that meets all of its customer demand with local groundwater supplies and is not dependent on more costly imported water.” The annual Water Quality Report provides valuable information about Mesa Water’s exceptional water supply sources. About 77% of Mesa Water’s supply comes from the Orange County Groundwater Basin. The remaining 23% is pumped from approximately 1,000 feet below the ground and treated at the state-of-the-art Mesa Water Reliability Facility. This year, Mesa Water is celebrating its 10th anniversary of providing 100% local water to the community. The Report also includes water use efficiency information and how to detect a leak on a water meter. Additional tips, rebates and a recommended outdoor watering schedule can be found MesaWater.org/BeMesaWaterWise. The Report is available at MesaWater.org/WaterQualityReport. A hard copy can be requested and mailed to customers by emailing info@MesaWater.org or calling 949.631.1201. The Report can also translated into other languages upon request. A video about the Report, as well as the District’s water origin and treatment process, is available on Mesa Water’s website. Mesa Water’s residential and business customers were notified about the availability of the Report via a postcard mailed in late June. About Mesa Water Mesa Water District (Mesa Water®), a local independent special district, manages its finances and water infrastructure, and advocates water policy, while reliably providing an abundance of clean, safe water to benefit the public’s quality of life. Founded on January 1, 1960 and governed by a publicly-elected, five-member Board of Directors, Mesa Water provides 100% local groundwater to 110,000 residents in an 18-square-mile service area that includes most of the City of Costa Mesa, parts of Newport Beach, and unincorporated Orange County including John Wayne Airport. Follow @MesaWater on Facebook, Instagram. Visit MesaWater.org and Mesa Water Reliability Facility to learn more. For questions, email info@MesaWater.org or call 949.631.1200.