Home Press Releases 2023 Water Quality Report Reaffirms Mesa Water District’s High-quality Water Is Safe 2023 Water Quality Report Reaffirms Mesa Water District’s High-quality Water Is Safe Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 COSTA MESA, Calif.; June 30, 2023 — Residents and businesses in Mesa Water District’s (Mesa Water®) service area can be confident that their water is safe, according to the 2023 Water Quality Report (Report), which confirms the district’s local groundwater supplies meet all stringent state and federal drinking water regulations. “Pure, plentiful and affordable water is fundamental to our quality of life, and key to the economic development of our community,” says Shawn Dewane, Mesa Water Board Vice President. “We consider it a great responsibility to provide reliable, safe water and our customers can rest assured that their water is of the highest quality. Mesa Water conducts more than 30,000 water quality tests each year to ensure our water meets all rigorous drinking water standards.” The annual Water Quality Report provides valuable information about the district’s water sources. About 80% of Mesa Water’s supply comes from the Orange County Groundwater Basin. The remaining 20% is pumped from approximately 1,000 feet below the ground and treated at the state-of-the-art Mesa Water Reliability Facility. The Report also includes infrastructure updates and water use efficiency tips. Additional water wise tips and rebates can be found at MesaWater.org/BeMesaWaterWise. To view the Report, visit MesaWater.org/WaterQualityReport. A hard copy can be requested and mailed to customers by emailing info@MesaWater.org or calling 949.631.1201. The Report can also be translated into other languages upon request. Mesa Water’s customers were notified about the availability of the Report via a postcard mailed in June. About Mesa Water Founded on January 1, 1960, and governed by a publicly-elected, five-member Board of Directors, Mesa Water is an independent special district that provides water service to 110,000 residents in an 18-square-mile service area that includes most of Costa Mesa, a portion of Newport Beach, and John Wayne Airport. Mesa Water provides 100 percent local reliable groundwater to its customers due to the Mesa Water Reliability Facility. Visit MesaWater.org, follow @MesaWater on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, email, or call 949.631.1200 to learn more.