Visit the Mesa Water Reliability Facility (MWRF) for Mesa Water Reliability Day on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Free Open House Welcomes Community to Tour the MWRF’s Demonstration Gardens and Water Purification Technology

WHO: The Mesa Water District (Mesa Water) Board of Directors invites the public to an Open House at the Mesa Water Reliability Facility (MWRF) to commemorate the first anniversary of the opening of the MWRF.

Using nanofiltration technology, the MWRF provides up to 30 percent of Mesa Water’s water supplies to its customers from a deep, amber water aquifer that gets its color from ancient redwoods.  The remaining 70 percent is pumped from the upper clear water basin replenished by the Orange County Water District.

The MWRF replaced Mesa Water’s previous ozone treatment facility that operated for nearly a decade until it had reached its capacity.  The MWRF increases Mesa Water’s production capacity at this location by 50 percent and reduces its electricity needs for local water production by 15 percent.

Since its opening in early 2013, the MWRF has produced more than 2½ billion gallons of high-quality tap water for Mesa Water’s service area.

WHAT: Tours of the state-of-the-art facility and water-wise gardens.

WHEN: Thursday, March 13, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

WHERE: Mesa Water Reliability Facility - 1350 Gisler Avenue (East of Harbor), Costa Mesa, CA; Parking along Gisler in front of facility.

WHY: Learn where your water comes from, the importance of water, and how to be efficient with your water use; Play to win a water-wise prize; Participate in our Instagram contest.

HOW: RSVP by calling 949.631.1201

 

About Mesa Water

Founded on January 1, 1960, and governed by a publicly-elected, five-member Board of Directors, Mesa Water is an independent special district that provides water service to 110,000 residents in an 18-square-mile service area that includes most of Costa Mesa, a portion of Newport Beach, and John Wayne Airport. Mesa Water provides 100 percent local reliable groundwater to its customers due to the Mesa Water Reliability Facility. Visit MesaWater.org, follow @MesaWater on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, email, or call 949.631.1200 to learn more.